- Pour a little vegetable oil onto a rag or paper towels.
- Rub the oil on the blades of the shears, changing the area of the rag as you rub off some of the rust. Be careful when working with the inside sharp edge of the blade.
- Moisten a sudsing steel wool scouring pad and vigorously rub the clippers with the moist pad.
- Rinse under water and repeat until you are pleased with the results. Most of the rust should come off.
- Rinse well and wipe dry.
- Lubricate the connection point of the blades. Spray the connection lightly with a kitchen vegetable spray or drizzle vegetable oil to get into the crevices of the shears. Wipe with a rag or paper towel to remove the excess spray and you are good to go!